- Our Vision:Vision First is committed to providing the best possible support for Hong Kong-based refugees. We offer this assistance irrespective of religion, race, nationality, social group or political opinion.
- Our Mission is to:
- Advocate for the rights of refugees
- Provide access to legal and medical care
- Provide safe emergency shelter and clean homes
- Provide quality personal and professional development services
- Raise awareness of the refugee situation in the community to advance an inclusive society
- Promote a culture that protects the human rights of individuals, citizens or not.
Vision First is an independent, Hong Kong-based NGO that provides services, advice and information to refugees seeking protection in our city. We also campaign for the rights of refugees, advocating for their fair treatment and raising awareness of refugee issues. We strive for the day when refugees seeking sanctuary from persecution can live in safety and dignity in Hong Kong.
Vision First at a glance
15,000 service hours in 2012 $100K monthly financial assistance 500+ refugee members 200+ cases settled 38 nationalities 8 religions 102 members housed in flats 500+ medical visits 220+ dental visits 80 detention visits 15 children placed in school 20 school presentations 15 weekly classes 12 dedicated volunteers 1 online booking system 1 services center 1 shelter - HK's only
Vision First MembersVision First members are refugees who have been forced to leave their country due to persecution, war or violence. Vision First members come from countries across South and Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. To read more click here
Member’s Booking System
Subscribe to our newsletterBe the first to hear about the latest news, updates and programs.